Mumbai, Sep 3: The Bombay High Court has directed Lt. Colonel S Purohit to file another application seeking stay on the framing of charges. The court said that another application would need to be filed to challenge the framing of charges by the Special Court of the National Investigation Agency.
The Malegaon blasts case of 2006 has seen many twists and turns. The case originally investigated by the Maharashtra ATS was then handed over to the National Investigation Agency.
I was implicated in the Malegaon blasts case at the behest of the Congress and NCP, Sudhakar Chaturvedi has claimed. Chaturvedi an accused in the 2008 Malegaon blasts case was recently granted bail . He further alleged that the ATS had implicated him in a fake army passport case and for possessing a pistol.
With only a bunch of audio recordings and lack of material witness, the trial against Lt Col Srikant Purohit is expected to start on a weak footing. It was in fact these factors which were also taken into consideration by the Supreme Court of India which granted him bail earlier this week.
I am wedded to my uniform was what Lt Colonel Srikant Purohit had to say after walking out of jail. The Lt Colonel who has been in jail for 9 years in connection with the 2008 Malegaon blasts case was granted bail by the Supreme Court earlier this week.
When the Maharashtra ATS claimed that it was Lt Colonel Srikant Purohit who supplied the RDX in the Malegaon blasts case, it took everyone by surprise. However the NIA made a disclosure that was even more stunning when it said that it was an officer from the ATS who had planted the RDX to frame Purohit.
After spending almost 9 years in jail, Lt Colonel Srikant Purohit was granted bail in the Malegaon blasts case on Monday.
For Lt Colonel Srikant Purohit, an accused in the Malegaon blasts case, the journey has been a long one. After serving nine years in jail, Purohit was granted bail by the Supreme Court earlier this week.
A peculiar plea was filed in a court where an accused sought to include “Shri” against while being addressed in all court records. The plea filed by Sudhakar Dwivedi an accused in the Malegaon blasts case.
The Bombay high court has denied the bail plea filed by Lt Colonel S Purohit in connection with the Malegaon blasts case. The same court that granted Sadhvi Pragya Singh bail in the case refused to entertain the application filed by Purohit.