New Delhi, Aug 03: There appears to be some headway made during the 12th round of the India-China military commander level talks held last week. Both sides have agreed to disengage at Gogra and Hot Springs in eastern Ladakh.
However there is no headway made when it comes to disengaging at the crucial Depsang. A joint statement without going into specifics said that both sides have agreed to resolve the remaining issues in an expeditious manner in accordance with the existing agreements and protocols.
New Delhi, Aug 01: India has sought an early pullout from Gogra and Hot Springs during the 12th round of commander level talks held with China on Saturday.
The meeting lasted nine hours. It began at 10.30 am at Moldo on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control. The meeting ended at 7.30 pm sources said. The Indian delegation was led by Lt. General P G K Menon.
New Delhi, July 31: The 12th round of the India-China commander level talks got underway at 10.30 today.
The talks are aimed at cooling off tensions between the two sides who are locked in a tense standoff along the Line of Actual Control in eastern Ladakh.
The talks between the two sides will take place Moldo on the Chinese side at 10.30 am. The last time the two sides held talks was on April 9. Sources familiar with the developments tell OneIndia that both sides would try and work out disengagement at Hot Springs and Gogra.
New Delhi, June 29: In the next round of military commander level talks, the dates of which are yet to be fixed, India and China would discuss the disengagement and de-escalation at Hot Springs and Gogra.
The next round of talks will be limited to Gogra and Hot Springs only and the same was taken up at the meeting of the Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on India China Border Affairs on June 25.
New Delhi, Apr 18: The stalemate continues along the Line of Actual Control at eastern Ladakh after the military commanders of India and China failed to reach a consensus.
On Friday, the military commanders of both sides held a meeting that began at 10.30 am and ended at 11.30 pm. The Chinese side did not agree to pull back troops at patrolling posts 15, 17 and 17A in the Hot Springs-Gogra-Kongka La areas.
New Delhi, July 09: The disengagement between India and China has been completed at Patrolling Point 17, Hot Springs.
The disengagement is complete at PP-14, PP-15 and PP-17, sources have confirmed to OneIndia. On the northern banks of Pangong Tso, the source said that there has been more thinning of the PLA troops at Finger 4. The Indian troops are restricted up to here at the moment. On the northern banks of the lake, the Indian troops used to patrol up to Finger 8, which is 8 kilometres east of Finger 4.
New Delhi, July 06: In accordance with the terms agreed between the military commanders, the Chinese have started disengaging along the Line of Actual Control.
The PLA has been removing tents and structures at PP14. There has also been rearward movement of vehicles at Galwan, Hot-Springs and Gogra. While the distances are yet to be ascertained, India continues to maintain a cautious approach.
New Delhi, July 02: Both India and China have agreed to restart the pullback at Galwan Valley and Hot Springs. It may be recalled that both sides had agreed on the pullback on June 2, but the process got derailed due to the violent brawl that took place on June 15.
While both sides are in agreement, there has however been no disengagement on the ground, sources tell OneIndia. Both sides during the talks held on Tuesday emphasised that there was a need to pullback. The modalities are being worked out, the source cited above said.