In an interview with Vicky Nanjappa, published on Rediff.com on November 24, 2009, Mr Dutt, the NSG’s then director general, looked back at the dilemmas, decisions and delays that the force faced during the terror attacks.
Former National Security Guard director general J K Dutt, who headed the commando force during the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, died on Wednesday, May 19, 2021, due to complications arising out of COVID-19. He was 72.
New Delhi, Dec 11: The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) 1267 sanctions committee has allowed payment of Pakistan Rs 1.5 lakh per month to Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, the operational commander of the Lashkar-e-Tayiba and one of the masterminds of the 26/11 attack. Lakhvi, following the attacks in Mumbai was listed under the 1267 committee as a terrorist.
He has been out on bail since 2015. The monthly payment to Lakhvi would cover expenses relating to food, medicines, public utility charges, transportation and lawyer fee.
New Delhi, Nov 26: The Pakistan establishment’s undying loyalty towards Lashkar-e-Tayiba chief, Hafiz Saeed has come to the fore again. Saeed was sentenced to 10 years in jail by a Pakistan court, but reports said that he continues to enjoy VIP treatment.
The Indian Intelligence agencies keeping a tab on Saeed have learnt that the Lashkar boss is serving jail time at home and not at the Kot Lakhpat jail in Karachi. It has however been said in the Pakistan media that he is at the Lahore jail, but the Indian agencies dispute that claim.
New Delhi, Nov 26: The terrorists were on a rampage in Mumbai, this day, 12 years back. Ajmal Kasab, whose images were flashed across the media carried with him a card that identified him as Samir Choudhary.
Rakesh Maria, the lead investigator of the case wrote in his book “Let Me Say It Now” that the identification card stated that he was a student of a college in Hyderabad. It also had a Bangalore address.
New Delhi, Nov 26: Earlier this year, a non-bailable warrant was issued against two Pakistan officials, Major Pasha and Major Iqbal in connection with the 26/11 attacks.
Today marks the 12th year since 10 Lashkar-e-Tayiba terrorists attacked Mumbai in which 170 lives were lost. The warrant issued appears to be a mere formality, since Pakistan for long has denied the existence of these two persons.
The Indian prosecution says Major Pasha has retired, but Major Iqbal continues to work in the ISI. It was Iqbal who in fact was the handler for David Coleman Headley and with his expertise in the Pakistan spy agency, he managed to help survey the targets that were hit on that fateful night.
New Delhi, Nov 26: It has been 12 years since 10 Lashkar-e-Tayiba terrorists carried out the Mumbai 26/11 attacks in which 170 persons lost their lives.
To commemorate the massacre, the Lashkar-e-Tayiba has planned a prayer meet at Sahiwal in Punjab, Pakistan. The outfit has asked its cadres to organise special prayers for the 10 terrorists, who carried out the attack.
New Delhi, June 29: The United States in its Country Reports on Terrorism has flagged Pakistan for not taking action against 26/11 attack plotter, Sajid Mir and Jaish-e-Mohammad chief, Maulana Masood Azhar. While a lot is known, written and said about Azhar, there is very little that one knows about Sajid Mir.
He remains one of the power important and powerful asset of the ISI and Lashkar-e-Tayiba. He had in fact played a major role in the 26/11 attack and was also David Headley’s handler.